GB Underwriting have the ability to quote Unoccupied Property risks that many insurers are unable to, including long term Unoccupied Property, wider perils cover for Unoccupied Property and short period Unoccupied Property policies.
Our Unoccupied Property product provides property damage, loss of rent, property owners’ liability and legal expenses cover for commercial and/or residential properties.
We are competitive on all unoccupied properties including commercial and residential properties. We can also quote Unoccupied Grade 2 listed buildings but not Grade 1 or Grade 2* listed properties.
Property owners’ liability cover is available up to a £5 million limit with XOL options for higher limits if they should be required. The policy can also be extended to include employers’ liability for gardeners, caretakers and maintenance staff. We can also provide terrorism policies.
We can provide short period (3, 6 and 9 month) policies for unoccupied properties.
- Property damage cover up to £10 million any one location and £4 million any one location if Grade 2 listed property
- Property owners’ liability primary layer up to £5 million with options for higher limits via our XSPL facility
- Legal expenses protection up to £100,000
- £500 minimum excess
- Day one basis (non adjusted) property coverage
- Landlords and residential contents
- Loss of rent and additional expenses cover
- Inadvertent omission to insure up to £250,000 limit
- Landscaped gardens cover up to £25,000 limit
OPTIONAL COVERS AND EXTENSIONS
- Flea only and wider perils options
- Removal of debris only
- Obsolete buildings basis