GB Underwriting have the ability to quote Unoccupied Property risks that many insurers are unable to, including long term Unoccupied Property up to 10 years unoccupied, wider perils cover for Unoccupied Property and short period Unoccupied Property policies.
You can obtain quotations via our GB Online Unoccupied Property product. If your risk doesn’t seem to fit our online platform then please feel free to send in a submission in the usual way.
Our Unoccupied Property product provides property damage, loss of rent, Property Owners’ liability and legal expenses cover for commercial and/or residential properties.
We are competitive on all unoccupied properties including commercial and residential properties. We can also quote Unoccupied Grade 2 listed buildings but not Grade 1 or Grade 2* listed properties.
Property Owners’ liability cover is available up to a £5 million limit with higher limits available if they should be required. We can also provide separate terrorism policies.
We can provide short period (3, 6 and 9 month) policies for unoccupied properties.
All of our capacity is from A+ rated insurers.
- Property damage cover up to £10 million any one location and £4 million any one location if Grade 2 listed property
- Property Owners’ liability primary layer up to £5 million with options for higher limits via our XSPL facility
- Legal expenses protection up to £100,000
- £500 minimum excess
- Day one basis (non adjusted) property coverage
- Landlords and residential contents
- Loss of rent and additional expenses cover
- Inadvertent omission to insure up to £250,000 limit
- Landscaped gardens cover up to £25,000 limit
OPTIONAL COVERS AND EXTENSIONS
- Flea only and wider perils options
- Terrorism via a separate policy
- Removal of debris only